Privacy at Still Miracle Photography
This only applies to our use of data where we act as ‘data controller’ – mainly, in respect of our customers of the Still Miracle Photography service.
- Who we are
- What data we hold about you, where we get it from and what we use it for
- The limited way we share your data with our partners and service providers
- Your rights in respect of our processing of your data
- How long we keep your data for.
Your personal information helps us give you the best service possible.
We use your personal data to provide you with the photography service. We sometimes use your details to send you promotional information – but you can opt out from these at any time you want by following the unsubscribe links in any email or emailing us at [email protected]
Still Miracle Photography (“we“) are a professional photography studio based in London, UK. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data about our customers (“you”) that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.stillmiracle.com you are accepting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller of data in respect of our customers is Still Miracle Photography Studio (e-mail: [email protected]; tel. +44 (0) 75265 36211).
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.stillmiracle.com (our site), by providing details about you and your event, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when contact us through our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, details of your event, financial and credit card information, personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (for online shopping purposes), browser plug-in types and versions.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising under our Terms of Service, to provide you with our service, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to send you occasional updates by email regarding other Still Miracle products or services we think you might be interested in. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe by emailing [email protected];
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We aggregate information about our users on an anonymous basis. We may also use such aggregate information to help you and our other customers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at [email protected]
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Please refer to this policy to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
- Still Miracle Photography may collect, store and process certain personal data of individuals attending events by means of our event organiser clients’ use of the Still Miracle Photography service (“Attendees”), solely on our customers’ behalf and at their direction. That personal data is referred to here as Attendee Data.
- Where we process Attendee Data for our customers as part of our Still Miracle service, we are acting as a “Data Processor” and not as the “Data Controller” (these terms are as defined in European data protection legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation). The customers controlling and operating the website into which our selling services are integrated are the “Data Controllers” of Attendee Data, and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of the Attendee Data, including all privacy and data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions.
- As stated in our Terms of Service, our customers are responsible for ensuring that Attendees have been informed of and have given any necessary consent to the processing of data by Still Miracle. To assist in compliance with this, all customers should publish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy notices on the websites used in connection with the Still Miracle service. The information below and in our Attendee Privacy Statement may assist our customers in informing Attendees of Still Miracle’s processing their data on the customer’s behalf.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with third parties listed here: Third Party Data Processors – Still Miracle as a Data Controller. This list may be updated from time to time and we will notify you of any updates.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Still Miracle or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data; Security
Some of the businesses we use to process your data are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see here.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see here.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and the US. For further details, see here.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
- Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at [email protected]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
How long we will keep your data?
We may keep a copy of your order with us, aggregated details of your services sales via the platform, and your contact details on file while you remain a customer, for six years after.
Where we process your email address as a potential customer of Still Miracle Photography, we will retain it for up to 36 months after your last interaction with us.
We may keep a record of any details relating to any dispute between us, or relation to a service sale for six years after it was closed.
In other cases, we’ll only keep personal information as long as we need to in order to carry out for the purposes set out in the ‘Uses made of the information’ set out above – unless we’re required by law to keep it longer.
Legitimate Interest: means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you best and most secure experience we can through Still Miracle Photography. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Performance of Contract: means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of our obligations to you under the Terms of Service, to take steps at your request before entering into a contract based on those terms.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Links to other websites
We sometimes provide you with links to other websites, but these websites are not under our control. We will not be liable to you for any issues arising in connection with their use of your information, the website content or the services offered to you by these websites.