In Pursuit of Wedding Inspiration
In pursuit of wedding inspiration, we create Pinterest mood-boards with the perfectly matched colour palette of dream wedding photographs. Brides make their lists of wedding suppliers from all over the world to collect the best ideas and to decide what their special day should be like. But nothing can be as inspiring as perfectly knit weddings created by the most talented directors of this and previous century.
There were hundreds of weddings shown in films, but we at Still Miracle have collected the most stylish ones for your proper wedding inspiration and, of course, for a wonderful cinematographic weekend with your fiance.
Black and White Weddings in Cinematography of 1930-60s
- Vivien Leigh, Gone with the Wind, 1939
- Audrey Hepburn, Funny Face, 1957
- Julie Andrews, The Sound of Music, 1965
- Marilyn Monroe, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, 1953
- Elizabeth Taylor, Father of the Bride, 1950
The 1960’s and 1980’s Brides in Films
- Julia Roberts, Steel Magnolias, 1989
- Michelle Pfeiffer, Scarface, 1983
- Simonetta Stefanelli, The Godfather, 1972
1990’s Most Elegant Bridal Styles
- Julia Roberts, Runaway Bride, 1999
- Claire Danes, Romeo + Juliet, 1996
- Andie MacDowell, Four Weddings and a Funeral, 1994
Wedding Inspiration from the 2000s
- Natalie Portman, Star Wars. Episode II: Attack of the Clones “, 2002
- Anne Hathaway, The Princess Diaries 2: How to Become a Queen, 2004
- Keira Knightley, Love Actually, 2004
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City, 2008
- Uma Thurman, Kill Bill 2, 2004
- Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson, Bride Wars, 2009
Wedding Inspiration from 2010’s
- Dakota Johnson, 50 Shades of Freedom, 2018
- Kristen Stewart, Twilight. Saga: Breaking Dawn, 2011
- Kirsten Dunst, Melancholy, 2011
- Julia Roberts, Snow White and the Revenge of the Dwarfs, 2012
- Nicole Kidman, Princess of Monaco, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence, The Hunger Games Catching Fire, 2013
Choose your favourite epoch and genre and get in arms of your beloved one threaped in love and duvet and turn on a movie. The versatility of the strongest of human feelings is an absolute pleasure to watch (this is why I have decided to become a wedding photographer) but also is a true inspiration. Pay your attention to the style, event type, white dress as a character itself, groom’s wear and little details that geniuses of cinematography have hidden from an eye of an amateur.
We at Still Miracle are sure that this films’ selection will give you millions of ideas.